Belmont prides itself on the production of healthy and wholesome meals provided by our award-winning catering team. All food costs are included in the School Fee. There is also a Breakfast Club for parents and children, starting from 7.30am, which is paid for separately.
We are committed to providing healthy food and encouraging, in our pupils, a lifelong interest in nutrition.
- We serve fresh fruit every day, with no added sugar
- We do not add salt when cooking vegetables
- Our vegetables are not glazed with oil or butter
- 80% of our salads are undressed
- Potatoes and pasta are prepared without added salt/butter/oil
- We cook with mono-unsaturated oil
- We only use lean meats
- We regularly offer recipes, which include oily fish
- We always use ingredients that are lower in fat, salt and sugar
The pupils have a regular input into the choice of menus offered through the Food Council which meets termly.